View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 12:53 AM
Senior User

TBird Larry is starting off with a positive reputation.
The old days in a C-600

Back in 62 I was in high school and on summer vacations I got to ride along with my Uncle Bill in his new 1962 C-600. It was unique as he hauled mobile office trailers and occasionally one half of a double wide mobile. The C-600 had a 292, 4 speed and a 2 speed rear axle and was a normal length tractor and in place of the 5th wheel was a short flatbed with the rear corners clipped so he could back into tight spaces and not crunch the trailer in the process. On the flatbed he carries a few trailer tires, wooden trailer steps and concrete piers to set up the trailers.
I went with my uncle all over California in that truck it was a great adventure for a teen. I'll never forget the rides in my Uncle Bills C-600.
Years ago AMT released a 1/25 scale model of the C-600 and I built it like my Uncle Bills truck.

Did Ford make some sort of record of C-600 type cabs from 57 to 90? They must have built a zillion of them not to mention Budd and Mack.
Happy Days