View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Posting Guru

BruteFord is a name known to allBruteFord is a name known to allBruteFord is a name known to allBruteFord is a name known to allBruteFord is a name known to allBruteFord is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncarpenter1 View Post
My K.P. turns really sharp. Not as good as the T.T.B. I took off. Am interested in the turning radius the B.P. also.
The Bronco in your sig with the 42 Iroks? Aren't the tires a bigger issue on steering angle then the axle? I know mine are with my 37s, they contact the leafs. Even if you did some fancy front suspension still got a radius arm or link?

I've never owned a BJ 60, but I do have a D50 TTB and 2 KP 60 trucks. Here's what I've noticed. It seams my front track is a little wider then my rear on the KP60 trucks but I haven't noticed this on anything but KP trucks. A wider axle can turn sharper cause the pivot is further from the spring. Steering box/pitman arm travel limits the steering angle if my tires weren't a factor. With pitman arm disconnected then the stop is the limiter but it can be removed. The true limit of steering angle is the U-joint, both use the same joint and aftermarket/modified joints/axles help both turn sharper. My 89 CCLB with a KP60 and 37s turns sharper then my brothers 01 ECLB with BJ60 and 33s.
“If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ―Samuel Adams