View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 07:51 AM
Elder User

Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.
Since people started using these 'working' vehicles as daily driver (read as soft boulevard ride) the real carrying capacity has suffered to the point of being ridiculous. Mine too was sponge soft so I added air bags. I also have a pair of add-a-leafs which will be going on soon as well. According to my build sheet, mine is a 10K truck but the spring code says it's an 11.2 - NOT. It sags badly and to the overloads if there is any significant load (i.e. my 2200 pound 5th wheel pin weight)without the air bags. It will be fixed with the add-a-leafs AND the air bags. Someone will pop up and recommend Torque Lift Stable Loads - yep, they work, but IMO put undue bending stress on a single point on the rear springs, plus overworking the overloads instead of spreading the spring load
1931 Deluxe Ford Roadster 5.0/C4/9" and a bunch more