View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 08:05 PM
okiewelder
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, I have been here in Gulf Port MS a few other times in my military career. The Seabees have two main bases in the US here and in Ventura CA. I spend 6 months here in 2009 before being mobilized to go to the middle east. Im only about 12 short hours drive to make it back to Blanchard and the people down here are friendly and still like the military.
The project that keeps getting put on the very back burner is a 62 unibody short bed big window. I purchased it from parts world in Roosevelt in 85 or 86. I drove it for a few years with a 429 in it with stock 4 wheel drum brakes and took it apart in 88 or so to make it a little better. Originally I put a Chrysler torsion bar front end under it but never got it back in the road. In 2007 after I came home from Iraq I started over and put a Fatman Mustang/Pinto type front end under it. I C'd the rear and put a 9" out of a Torino on top of the leafs after taking a few out.
I have all of the frame work finished and the body is back on the frame. I need to finish welding some patch panels in it and put the doors and some glass back in it and just drive the crap out of it!! It now has a stock 460 with a aluminum intake and headers. I have the drive line in and the brakes lines are all there as well. I know I am kinda rambling but, its just kinda flowing out as I go!!