View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Post Fiend

tex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
Right Andre, prior to the 6.7 engines, it didn't matter..

I'm not sure I'm understanding where you are coming from.

Shift on the fly devices have been around a long time, as well as monitoring in various forms (including devices that also shift on the fly) before the 6.7, so what didn't matter prior to the 6.7?

Hell, before I got wise as to how to properly do things on my 6.0, one of the first things that I had on it was the Bully Dog Triple Dog with Outlook monitor. Outlook monitor did two things, it allowed for changing for tunes on the fly (one of the first tuners that allowed for that compared to modules/chips that were used before) and it served as gauges. This was back in 05 and very much prior to the 6.7. So, I'm kinda at a loss as to what you think what didn't matter prior to the 6.7? Now, you might have had some devices that didn't support shift on the fly (and I'm a person that doesn't suggest shift on the fly now anyway), but not all devices now support that either. I would argue that monitoring would be more of a concern then the ability to shift on the fly anyway. I must admit, after the novelty wore off, and given that the truck didn't like the two more aggressive tunes, it stayed in the tow tune position for the rest of the time that I had it.