View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 07:37 AM
Post Fiend

tex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by riden82 View Post
That's what I figured, I am running the SPE hotx tune, I keep it plugged in for monitoring, but my 30 mile commute on two lane back roads doing 50-60 mph unloaded never really gets the temps into questionable numbers.
Yes, that may be true, but by leaving it in there, if your truck does have an issue on that normal commute and you get questionable numbers, then you know something is wrong.

This is how I stopped a tranny issue from getting way to serious when I was seeing temp spikes in winter when I knew the commute didn't warrant those temps. No other indication from the truck other then hot temps at that point in time. Now, I was expecting the tranny to go out eventually due to all the modding that I did, but it was always the question of when and it took over a year for it to happen.

Eventually these things go out, it's really only a question of when. I would rather catch things early by using gauges then wait until there are physical indicators that I may or may not pick up in time and then you can have other things going out, because the original problem passed a certain point that could have been prevented by maintaining some type of gauge system.