Thread: What if...
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 AM
yfz 450
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a 7.3 owner up until about 2 weeks ago. It was a good truck but it was sold to acquire a 6.7. I'm sure no one here is gunna like to hear that. I have to say I love the new truck compared to the 7.3. Only time will tell if it holds up but I guess you have to keep a positive attitude. I also had the dreaded 6.0 for a few years sold it with close to 90,000 miles due to all the horror stories I read on here. I have to say though in the 60,000 miles I had that truck I didn't have a single issue it was a great truck. I then got the 7.3 and got it at 35,000 miles just sold it at 47,000 miles and in its 12,000 mile life span it had with me I had to put about $3,000 worth of work into it. I feel as though I did cause some of that work to be had because of a tuner but at the same time I don't think it should have happen the way it did. I am not coming here to bash the 7.3 and hurray the 6.7 but I think they are all a gamble. 6.0 has the worst name In the powerstroke family and I had 0 issues and 7.3 best name in the powerstroke family and I had 3,000 more in issues. I hope the 6.7 follows suite in the 0 issue department but only time will tell. But I must say I have not looked back at the 7.3 since I got in the 6.7. And trust me it's not because I have to justify the money I am spending on it because if it was fully paied off I would feel the same way still