Thread: What if...
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 09:11 PM
KJNDIVER
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Again, to get sidetracked from the original topic, i guess it comes to different strokes for different folks (heh, no pun intended), but when i bought my truck back in 2006 with 52k on the clock, i knew what i wanted specifically and my goal was to get at least 500k out of her before moving on. I knew that would entail pull some wrenches from time to time, which i absolutely do not mind doing. Thats me, and apparently that is Rich too. But that may not be for others, maybe they are the kind that drives it a few years and then when the warranty is about to expire or there is some predisposed mileage that they dont want to exceed they go and trade it in for all the new bells and whistles and avoid all the wrench turning. Thats fine, thats great, absolutely nothing wrong with that, thats you. So i can see where those kind of guys would absolutely tout the 6.7 , and they are probably correct in their own mind. But for others with a goal in mind of longevity, we may be correct as well, in our own mind. Now that im nearing the 300k number, im feeling like i can extend my goal to 700k after talking with others and their experiences. But to get there, im gonna have to get my hands dirty turning some wrenches myself, and the little bit of extra room to do so is a plus. When friends tell me to its time for a new truck, i tell them that my truck makes a special sound each morning when i crank it up, when it starts it sounds like its paid for, and that im gonna run it til the wheels fall off, and then ill put new wheels on it and keep going. But thats just me, Im gonna be rolling this 7.3 for quite some time more. Not saying i wont buy anything else, just that im not getting rid of this one, i love this truck. Im reminded of the SNL vid where the guy was "loving" his car.... that how i feel sometimes..... LOL