View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 11:40 AM
fordcrzymike
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Update time! Unfortunately, I still haven't totally finished it, but I'm getting close. I was waiting on a lot of parts and they got here just in time. I finally got my order in from Summit which included my intake and carb. I got the whole front of the motor assembled (timing chain and cover, water pump, balancer, etc.) and got the intake put on. I also ordered all brand new stock rockers because the original ones where looking worn out.

I sealed the motor up and was able to paint it "Old Ford Blue". I used DupliColor engine enamel, and first impression are very good. It dries to the touch quick and once it's cured, it's tough as nails. We were prying and pushing on that engine when installing it in the truck and the paint held up fantastic! Even when being scrapped by pry bars.

While I had the engine out I decided to wire-wheel and paint the frame.

On the stand I decided to install all of my ignition parts. The coil is a MSD Blaster 2 coil, the wires are just Motocraft replacements, and the plugs are platinum NGKs. I got a stock style distributor with vacuum advance from cardone select and the cap is loose even when the clips are secured! This might pose as a problem.

New clutch with a diaphragm style clutch cover. I ordered an AMS clutch kit because one of my best friends father is on board for AMS, so I wanted to try out their products.

I got the motor in the truck, but it fought me every step of the way. the splines on the transmission did NOT want to line up for some reason. After fighting it and fighting it and turning over the motor at the crank, we still had no luck. What we ended up doing was jacking up one of the rear wheels and turning the wheel to move the splines on the transmission. Eventually we got it all mated together and this is pretty much how she sits now.

With school and work, I really only have time to work on it during the weekends, so hopefully I'll get it all wrapped up next weekend. I still have to install the cooling system, headers, carb, and a few other little things. I also want to drop and clean the tank and fuel lines. I don't want any crud going through my brand new 1806 Eddy!

Said Eddy:

Anyone have any idea of what I should do about the loose distributor cap? I guess I could call up RockAuto and see if they will send me another one. I also have Flowtech headers to install on the truck. They are just painted right now. I can't afford ceramic coating at this time, but has anyone had any luck with header paint? If so, what brand do you recommend?