View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Post Fiend

kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpuller View Post
I started at 370 miles pulling our 16K 5ver, I did take it easy for a while and it never heated up or acted like it was having any problems. After about 5K it really can alive. I've always been in the break it in the way your going to use it crowd.

Denny
Every vehicle I ever bought new I followed that belief. I found that every vehicle got the best mileage the way it was broke in & performed the best that way also.
The old saying use to be that if it is going to blow let it do it on Fords dime, not mine.
I agree with giving it a few hundred miles but after that all bets are off. Every engine or tranny I ever rebuilt got that same treatment. The only difference was I would vary my speeds & pull on the rebuilt engines for a good 500 miles to seat the rings. But that never meant babying it.