View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 03:48 PM
New User

fordbox7.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
96 E350, died while driving

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I have a Ford 1996 E350 van front boxtruck with the 7.3 PSD. While driving in Granby CT last weekend to move an elderly couple the truck died on me, like it ran out of fuel all of a sudden. I had it towed to a repair facility, however they don't really work on Diesels, which i didnt know being the weekend, they were closed. They did hook it up to their scanner and got a code for no high fuel pressure. Thats the extent they would diagnose for me. At that point I wanted to get it home to further look into it and research a good repair facility. That's when i found this forum as recommended to me by my Uncle MrF250. Anyways, I replaced the cps sensor and was told by the repair shop that was good because they did get an rpm reading (I replaced this before having it towed as this was seen as the easiest and cheapest thing to do while in a parking lot) (I have no tachometer on this truck). Today I pulled the fuel filter out and drained the bowl. After cycling the key a few time to the on position there is no fuel in the bowl. Is it safe to assume the fuel pump is bad and time for a new one ? Any thoughts or links to removing the turbo and changing the pump would be appreciated.