View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 06:15 PM
ray tomlin
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Less bluff more guts

One can't help noticing that the front ends of all new vehicles are made to look big and imposing in your rear view mirror. It takes material and weight to do that. Can we quit pushing each other around on the road and drive better vehicles? I had a 1996 F150. It had low sides so I could load it from the side. It had a smaller nose and cab and was made of more steel an less plastic. Then I got a 2005 F150 and got less payload capacity because the cargo sides and cab got huge. Also, I had to go from an inline 6 to a V6. All in all the 2005 was about half the truck that the 1996 was.

Given how much more intimidating the new Ford trucks are than the 2005's, I gotta say they are more bluff than truck. I suspect the2014 F150 is half the 2005 F150 and a quarter of the 1996 F150.
It sure ain't what I need in a truck.
I have seen 3-wheeled trucks that are 10 times the truck that the new buck is.

Ford, here is one user that wants more guts and a whole lot less bluff.
No need to copy the fluff that Chevy and Dodge build.
Many of us are big enough in real life, completely secure about who we are. We don't need an imposing vehicle to impress anyone.
How about a pickup built for milage and utility with a bit of off-road clearance that looks like a pickup truck instead of a Freightliner?