View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 01:46 AM
OSHS
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really not a big deal. You'll need a new wire for the radio (the higher end radios were wired for it), and since we run E-Series, no HVAC wiring. Although you can adapt the EHVAC system head to a manual system. I have not done that, but I have seen it done. Not a big deal, just have to get the vacuum connections correct. It is *not* plug-n-play if I recall.

The radio's (and HVAC) redundant controls work off of impedance. Hence why one or two wires can control several functions. Aftermarket radios are starting to incorporate this, and really, the only reason I have not done it to my van is because I have not searched out an upholstery shop to dye my beige leather (and wood) wheel grey. I have a nearly new Navigator wheel sitting in the basement waiting to go in my Expy, so I can move that wheel to the E-350. Like all my other projects, I just haven't done it yet.

On the plus side, I did cut and solder in a new line for the rear reverse lights. I'm about to install three auxiliary lights from Northern Tool for reverse. Powered by relay, of course. It helps that I have 0/2 gauge welding wire powering my 5000W inverter in the back.