Thread: What if...
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 12:38 AM
Post Fiend

parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
right now, the systems available that will not reduce horsepower are in still in the $20,000 range. When and if this cost comes down to under $5,000, I'm gonna finally lite the fuse to my buckszooka, and y'all will definitely hear the blast.

Is it ironic that a 6.7 engine costs 18,000$ from a dealer?

I would hope a 20,000$ or even 5000$ after treatment system would work better than stock.
How does the filter system work? Do you have a link to the particular model you were looking at?
I often wondered; Why not just cool the exhaust down, use a washable filter media, and use DEF ? Wouldn't that be easier than "regen" systems?

I saw the after treatment unit for a small ship once, and it was as big as a garden shed.

What is a 7.3 going to burn for DEF, without any EGR at all? Like is it insane? I thought EGR reduced the amount of DEF needed?

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...-it-costs.html