View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:40 AM
fordcrzymike
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with pollution control to a certain extent. In my opinion the EPA is out of control. Tier 4 diesel emissions standards are ridiculous and hindering the industry It's paving the way for the aftermarket to by pass all the required emissions equipment resulting in heavier polluting vehicles. The use of DPFs and urea injection systems cost individuals thousands upon thousands of dollars. Have you seen the price of a new powerstroke lately? It's about $8,500 just for the diesel OPTION. A lot of that price comes from all the emissions equipment bolted on. My family sells outdoor wood burning stoves, Central Boiler actually. A few years ago the government was PAYING you to buy the stove because it was considered to be a renewable fuel. Now the EPA is going to make it illegal to manufacture and sell the stoves, when just a few years ago, they were providing incentives to buy them. You will be required to purchase the E-classic series, which yields nothing but problems and increased cost for a unit that is minimally better on emissions and efficiency. I understand some of what the EPA does, but ultimately it's an organization that is totally out of control and taking advantage of American citizens and hindering domestic economic growth.

I'm not trying to start any political battle here, but the EPA has directly affected many members of my family in negative ways. I don't want to divert this thread from it's original goal, to build a kick a** engine! So thank you all for you help so far!

I plan on finally ordering my 1806 carb today and also a brand new set of OE rockers. I talked with Tim yesterday and he walked me through the steps to make sure the rocker are not binding. To the best of my knowledge, they appear to be fine. Worst case scenario, I bend a few push rods in the future. If that's the case, it's easy to swap out rods and rockers later.