View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 12:41 AM
Postmaster

GB SISSON is a name known to allGB SISSON is a name known to allGB SISSON is a name known to allGB SISSON is a name known to allGB SISSON is a name known to allGB SISSON is a name known to all
Well, after a month of distractions I finally got this thing decked over. I decided to paint the bed strips with red primer and burned the zinc chromate off the carriage bolts I ordered. I coated the planks with Thomsens Water Seal from the lumber yard. Seems they have changed the formula. It's way thicker than it used to be, but it seems like it will be fine. Just one coat that soaks in will do it. Today I built a headache rack from various scrap I could find around the place. I wanted to still be able to see the cab, and also not too wide. I don't like having really wide mirrors to see around a huge headboard. I have some 1/4" diamond plate scrap that I plan to cut and fit between the channel uprights, down low, as 3 inset panels. This should protect the lower half of the cab. I will also make a couple of grab handles so us old folks can climb up into this beast a little easier. Just might get to that show in August yet!
Attached Images

'92 F350 4x4 dual wheel flatbed truck. 7.3IDI, 5 sp man tran. '59 F350 flareside with cummins 6AT, '47 2 ton stake, '47 one ton panel, 47 1/2 ton, '37 1 1/2 ton, 29AA stakebed, '80 diesel scout, antique one lung engines