View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Posting Guru

GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.
Well, after a month of distractions I finally got this thing decked over. I decided to paint the bed strips with red primer and burned the zinc chromate off the carriage bolts I ordered. I coated the planks with Thomsens Water Seal from the lumber yard. Seems they have changed the formula. It's way thicker than it used to be, but it seems like it will be fine. Just one coat that soaks in will do it. Today I built a headache rack from various scrap I could find around the place. I wanted to still be able to see the cab, and also not too wide. I don't like having really wide mirrors to see around a huge headboard. I have some 1/4" diamond plate scrap that I plan to cut and fit between the channel uprights, down low, as 3 inset panels. This should protect the lower half of the cab. I will also make a couple of grab handles so us old folks can climb up into this beast a little easier. Just might get to that show in August yet!
Attached Images

'92 F350 4x4 dual wheel service truck. 7.3 with headers and glass packs. 5 sp man tran. 255 85 16 Toyos. 110,000 miles. '59 F350 9' flareside new project, cummins 6at turbo diesel, sm 465 4 spd. 255 85 16s again, 37 ford 1 1/2 ton stake with 53 flathead V8. 65 toyota landcruiser fj 45 longbed pickup. 54 GMC 3/4 ton flatbed w/ cummins 6at, '68 BSA 441 Victor Special, bone stock, Antique tractors and one lung flywheel engines .....