View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylansf23 View Post
so i found a set of 06 f350 axles for way cheaper then just a dana 60 front 90k on them.

i know that is disc brake territory, which would mean id need a different proportioning valve since mine is a disc/drum. would i have to switch to hydroboost to get enough pressure for disk all the way around?
would i even be able to use them? perches and ujoint and such
Lets see... Where to start

06 axle are coil spring front, so you would need coil springs, coil spring buckets, radius arms, radius arm mounts, track bar and some sort of track bar

06 rear axle. it is pretty much a direct bolt in with some new u-bolts. Then you need to adapt the 86 e-brake cables to the 06 axle.

The 99+ trucks use a metric 8 lug pattern 8 on 170mm. 05+ trucks use 17" wheels.

ALOT of work to use those axle

If you REALLY want a good donor truck, PM me. My brother has a 93/93 f350 PICKUP 460, 5speed, 4wd with a Meyers 8' plow he wants 3k for. And it is in pretty good shape. The bed is ROT FREE. He also has a ZF5 from a small block