View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
New Tool - door dolly

I bought this door dolly last week after fighting with the drivers door on this cab. I did the usual, finger tighten the hinge bolts and then attempt to get rough alignment on the door. The door was being a real PITA and I was having a hard time holding it in place and trying to work the bolts. So I get this door dolly and I can't believe that I have gone this many years without one. Mount the door on the dolly and then slip it over the hinges, adjust the height and lock it down...one person job, nice!

Well I thought it was nice until I tried to screw in the bolts on the bottom hinge. Not only do they NOT line up with the floating nut plate, the holes in the hinge don't even line up with the holes in the door hinge pocket. It looks like the hinge itself is about 1/2 inch too short. Anybody ever seen that before? The hinges came out of a box of hinges I keep for jobs like this so I can't say that this particular hinge was ever on a truck of this vintage but it sure didn't look any different than all the rest of them when I had it laying on the table for paint. Maybe the hinge pocket in the door jamb is depressed, I'll have to check that tomorrow. Without that door dolly I probably would have been cussing this thing til Labor Day!
Attached Images