View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 07:10 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blue_cloud
The long story is: I found the 55 while looking for parts for my 56, anyone know how that goes? I started a frame up restoration on the 56, had the frame bare, engine rebuilt (L6), was about to paint the frame when my shop and business burned to the ground. Thankfully the frame was outside, and the engine was on the 'cooler end' of the fire.

That was in 1995, and the trucks have been on the far back burner since then. I'm getting my feet back under me from that loss and have time now to work on the trucks.
Wow, I know exactly how you felt! I built this woodie for a customer starting with a 4 door 40 Chevy sedan, cut it up and built the woodie. The car was at a mechanics shop (who had no insurance or money) and his shop burned to the ground actually melting the wheels and parts of the frame. I also had another clients project, a 40 Ford that would be a woodie. That car also "melted" beyond salvation including a completely new frame and drive train with modern brand new suspension and wheels and tires. This happened in '02.

Attached Images