Thread: Banks IQ
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Freshman User

johnl2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
IQ

Thank you very much for your time today given that it is Independence Day. Happy 4th BTW. I don't really care about the tuning, I have the manual switch and keep it all the way down, I never use the tuning. I am interested only in the gauges. And TBH, I tried putting the switch on 6 and nothing even happened, no extra power, nothing. And the six-gun is working fine, no codes or anything. It just doesn't do much. Which is why I'd consider tossing it if I could find a better gauging system. So it's either keep the six-gun in there and get the IQ, or toss it and get something that can read more sensors. I have read nothing but bad things about Banks. I'd love to have an excuse to remove it from the truck and connect something to the OBDII port that can be of some use to me. I don't like how having ANY tuner on your truck can cause reliability issues long before they are due. If you know of any gauge that will read out FICM Voltage, EGT, EOT, ECT, Fuel Pressure, etc., etc., I would love to hear about it. This isn't a tuning post, it's more of a gauge and safety post. I hope I did not post in the wrong place. Again, thank you much for answering me so fast today on the 4th.

John