View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Post Fiend

Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD'sBigredv10 View Post
The tech is speculating that it was mechanical failure within the transmission that caused the fluid to heat up and spit out. He never opened it up to see exactly what happened but has seen more than enough trannys to know that mine is cooked.
Keeping in mind that I can't see or hear it for myself, I think this tech knows what he's doing. From what you wrote I suspect that he is correct that the trans had a mechanical failure that caused the overheat.

A temp gauge would have given you a little warning, but in no way would have saved this transmission. I think the first thing that happened is that something broke, then the temp started to go up. A gauge might have given you enough warning to stop and cool the trans, which possibly could have prevented the tow, but not the failure.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson