View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Postmaster

Doc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to behold
I've given this truck some more thought. Here's the way I see it. First, and foremost, let's all just be glad that truck and trailer still exist as a representation of what they are, and not in the scrapyard as a long-lost memory. Secondly, what is an individual gonna do with it? Load up their vintage automobile (or two or three) and haul them to a car show maybe once every two years? Can you imagine the logistics. Can you imagine the work involved to secure vehicles to that rig. As far as just driving it all over the country collecting old iron, that sounds great, but, in my opinion, that truck would be a huge target for the DOT officers everywhere, especially when they realize it's being used to routinely transport old iron for a possible profit. If I had that truck, it would sit outside and deteriorate. Very few people have a garage, or even a shed, big enough to accommodate that truck and trailer. As bad as I hate to admit it, it would probably survive the longest in some big truck museum off some forgotten road in some forgotten town.
1997 F150 XLT, 4.6L
2008 F250 XLT, 6.4L Powerstroke
2011 Expedition EL