Old 07-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Dr. Dirt
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by georgiagrown
Well. It pains me to say this, but sometimes you make stupid mistakes and learn from them so Im sharing this in hopes that maybe it would help someone else down the road.

I went back and checked all the connections and started wiggling the COP and it wiggled a bit down by the boot, but all the others were pretty stationary. I pulled it out and compared it to the oem that I was replacing and it was about 1/2 inch shorter than the oem, which I honestly just didnt even notice and it looks just like the other ones ive bought in the past. Needless to say, that pretty much explains the fuel getting into the cat. I took it back to Autozone and they said it was the right part and box number but somehow the wrong cop got put into the box. Go figure. They gave me the true correct part, same length as the oem I brought in to show them and I installed it and it runs like a champ.

So, my last question is, if its running perfect, how will I know if the cats were damaged during my 4mile test drive? Any advice is always appreciated.
they should be ok if the CEL was only flashing for just a little while. clear the codes and drive it. it will usually take 2 drive cycles to see if the CEL comes back on. good luck