View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 11:33 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
My prescription for the day

For the longest time I have been experiencing one set back after another, some major, most just every day little things that just p*ss me off on a daily basis. If something is going to break, it's going to break. If a project needs to get done it seems I'll spend half a day chasing for special parts or some expensive tool. Never fails.

I've been chasing a front engine noise, serpentine belt related, on my daily driver for the last 6 months. I find a bad part, install a new part, the noise goes away for a day or two and it comes back. After changing half a dozen components I think I have the real bad part singled out. The problem is this is my only drivable vehicle right now and I needed to take out the bad part to have it matched up so I can't drive my daily driver. One of my old trucks to the rescue, the F-2 is laid up with a leaky master cylinder and brake light switch, which I have the parts for and the panel truck is missing the fan belt. I get a fan belt for the panel and drive back and forth to the parts house trying to get the correct part, so far, two times.

Here's my prescription, I don't mean to step on Doc's toes here but I'm sure he'll agree, get in a old truck and drive. For some reason when the day looks crappy driving a bumpy, noisy, smelly old truck seems to make it a little better. Driving the panel the last couple of days have really made me feel better.