Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - My prescription for the day
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud ofbobj49f2 has much to be proud of
My prescription for the day

For the longest time I have been experiencing one set back after another, some major, most just every day little things that just p*ss me off on a daily basis. If something is going to break, it's going to break. If a project needs to get done it seems I'll spend half a day chasing for special parts or some expensive tool. Never fails.

I've been chasing a front engine noise, serpentine belt related, on my daily driver for the last 6 months. I find a bad part, install a new part, the noise goes away for a day or two and it comes back. After changing half a dozen components I think I have the real bad part singled out. The problem is this is my only drivable vehicle right now and I needed to take out the bad part to have it matched up so I can't drive my daily driver. One of my old trucks to the rescue, the F-2 is laid up with a leaky master cylinder and brake light switch, which I have the parts for and the panel truck is missing the fan belt. I get a fan belt for the panel and drive back and forth to the parts house trying to get the correct part, so far, two times.

Here's my prescription, I don't mean to step on Doc's toes here but I'm sure he'll agree, get in a old truck and drive. For some reason when the day looks crappy driving a bumpy, noisy, smelly old truck seems to make it a little better. Driving the panel the last couple of days have really made me feel better.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com