View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 01:16 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Goodbye old friend

Well, after 10 years and 79k miles of faithful service, my grandfathers '04 Lairat super crew 4x4 5.4 has gone to its new owner. Its been a wonderful truck since new and had very few issues compared to some of the other '04 owners i have heard of.

oil changes done every 3-4k miles with dino oil and motorcraft filters. NEVER ticked an was quite as a mouse when it left the driveway on saturday,

30k miles all fluids were changed (front/rear diff's, tranny and t-case, antifreeze)
40k miles it had all new brakes (rotors and pads) and rear axle seals were leaking so that was done at the same time.
65k miles new battery
77k miles the transmission lost overdrive, could have been fixed but we had a full rebuild done with a shift kit
78k miles all spark plugs, boots and two coils replaced, tires re-balanced

79k miles sold!

this truck was still as quite, smooth, vibration and rattle free as i remember it when it was brand new. everything worked as it should and it will make the new owner a very happy person i believe. I'm sad to see it go but its time for my grandfather to downsize a little bit, going to be picking up a 08-10 explorer sport trac. At age 77 he wants something a little easier to park. We got $17,650 for it in a private sale..i think we did okay!