View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Cougar54
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
In the last six months I have had two 226 water pumps rebuilt. The first one I had done by Cardone in Texas via Rockauto. Turn around time was a little over two weeks and cost was about $100 which included return shipping. I had to pay to ship the pump to the Texas facility which cost an additional $20 since they ask you to only use Fedex or UPS and not the post office. The second pump was much faster and easier as well as cheaper. A local fella did my other pump. His family for the last 2 generations owned a rebuilding service (which eventually went bust due to chinese imports of pumps) still rebuilds pumps for old vehicles which are no longer available. I made an appointment with him and since I drove 30 miles one way to his place he rebuilt the pump for me while I waited (and watched!). It took him about 45 minutes or so to complete the rebuild (including paint primer) and only cost me $70. He accepts pumps shipped in from all over the US and told me he rebuilds pumps for many other companies who claim to offer the service. The guys name is Dan Bailey. I asked him if I could share his contact info on the internet and he said it was fine.

Dan Bailey
4706 Detroit St
Dearborn Hts, MI 48125
313-530-2893

Give him a call!