View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 07:28 AM
tjcprop
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SGTYuengling
I am looking at a programer for my 6.2L F250; in looking at them, I've discovered that while there are a ton of options for the diesel engines, there aren't many options for the gas engines.

I'm looking for something with a touch screen that I can integrate into the dash upgrade as needed, monitor my performance in real time, and make adjustments easily. I am very new to tuning, so I would like something that doesn't require an engineering degree to operate.

I keep running into three programers:
Edge Evolution CTS Gas
SCT Livewire TS
Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Gas

Does anyone have any experience with any of these programers or any thoughts on better options for gas engines? Any information/advice would be extremely helpful.
5 Star uses SCT programmers, PHP uses Edge programmers. The generic Edge Evolution programmer destroyed the module on my lifted 150. Which ever tuner you purchase. Get that programmer custom tuned for your make, model and specific requirements. The generic programs that come on these devices are ok if your truck is and remains factory. Complete garbage if truck is customized.