Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - Y block water pump question
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 12:07 AM
Postmaster

GB SISSON has much to be proud ofGB SISSON has much to be proud ofGB SISSON has much to be proud ofGB SISSON has much to be proud ofGB SISSON has much to be proud ofGB SISSON has much to be proud ofGB SISSON has much to be proud ofGB SISSON has much to be proud ofGB SISSON has much to be proud ofGB SISSON has much to be proud of
Y block water pump question

This water pump came off a 292 y block in my '58 f-600 fire truck with 3043 original miles. It needs a new one as it's leaking badly. I got a f-100 one from napa but it's quite different and mainly it doesnt have the remote fan mount. I read that the pump with the flange for a bolt on remote fan was stopped in '56, so I'm confused. Is this somehow an earlier pump than what belongs on a '58? The shaft is also about a 1/4" longer on the napa one, but it bolts on. Any help needed. This is my first y block I've had. Thanks
Attached Images

'92 F350 4x4 dual wheel flatbed truck. 7.3IDI, 5 sp man tran. '59 F350 nine foot flareside with cummins 6AT, '47 2 ton stake with 8rt, '47 tonner panel, 47 tonner pickup,'46 tonner cab/chassis, 47 1/2 ton pickup,'46 1/2 ton panel. Antique one lung flywheel engines.