Thread: '51 F4 project
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 03:55 PM
Postmaster

Jolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to behold
Phone mount

I have been driving Betsy with my phone sitting in the ashtray running the app "Android Speedometer" so I have an idea how slow I'm going (notice I didn't say how "fast"). My speedometer is way off, so when I'm doing 35, my speedometer says I'm doing 20...

Anyway, for Fathers Day my daughter got me a Nite Ize Steelie which I stuck in the middle of the dash. The mount location allows me to see the phone display easily and plug into the power socket (thanks again Bob) without having the cord interfere with anything (like the shifter).

And since I uploaded all my iTunes to the Google cloud, I can use my phone as a speedometer AND a sound system.

Here's a few pics...

The steel mount stuck to the dash
Name:  NiteIze 1.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  101.1 KB

The phone has a very strong, small, concave magnet stuck on the back. The concave shape allows it to be positioned anywhere on the steel ball.
Name:  NiteIze 2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  127.0 KB

This blurry shot shows the power cord plugged in.
Name:  NiteIze 3.jpg
Size:  78.9 KB

And the view from the driver's seat. I'm going really slowly inside my garage...
Name:  NiteIze 4.jpg
Size:  144.1 KB

I also have some portable speakers which I will try later to enhance the music from the phone.

1951 F4 "Betsy" Build Thread @ http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html