View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Senior User

93f250tn is starting off with a positive reputation.
97 7.3 info on readings from Torque app

Hey ya'll, i picked up a obd 2 connecter and purchased the torque app to read HPOP, Boost, IPR duty cycle and am wanting to know what should the readings be at and how are mine. The main reason for asking these questions is a set of injectors may come in the near future (leaning towards stage 1.5s or 2s). I also tested fuel pressure using a fuel pressure test gauge, at idle is right around 60 and at WOT it stayed right around 75. For the HPOP at WOT on the extreme setting it stayed steady at 3100 PSI and the IPR duty cycle stayed right around 37-39%. I am not sure the boost gauge for the app is accurate but the highest reading i got was 20.3 PSI. Whats considered "optimal" readings? The truck has the following done to it... DIY intake, 3" down pipe, straight pipe factory exhaust, TW 6 ps chip, Sonnex shift kit. I will be picking up a set of gauges here soon, and as stated hopefully a set of injectors. A 6.0 intercooler may happen towards the end of the year if not sometime next year (HPOP would come first). I am leaning towards stage 2s and have the it de-tuned intell a new HPOP can be purchased (or is a healthy stock pump sufficient?) and E-fuel is done. Stock turbo has ZERO play in it and the compressor wheel is in good shape. I do not tow anything (I just use the bed alot) and don't hot rod it but would like the be able to have a truck that could compete with newer chipped diesels (maybe not the 6.7s ).
1997 F250HD 4x4 7.3 powerstroke ext. cab long bed - Straight piped factory exhaust, MBRP 3" downpipe, Napa air filter, TW custom 6 pos chip, shift kit, Add-a-leafs on all 4 corners, 325/60r18 Toyo's, 20% tint, Isspro gauges