View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Elder User

SARDiverDan has a very good reputation on FTE.SARDiverDan has a very good reputation on FTE.SARDiverDan has a very good reputation on FTE.
I pack according to where I am going and how far off the main highway I might find myself. About the only long drive I do anymore is southern California to Wyoming to see the parents or southern California to Washington State. As they are both main highway drives all the way, I don't take some of the things you do but then again, it also depends on the time of year.

1. I carry a set of HPOP lines in case one of them decides to rupture. While I change them out at certain intervals, I keep the latest changed ones as spares until I change them again.

2. I don't use emergency triangles but I do have a set of flares.

3. Don't forget a small but complete first aid kit so you can repair yourself

4. I carry one 12 ton jack stand that I use as soon as the truck is lifted as I don't like big rigs flying past and the whole truck shifts about like its going to fall.

5. I use an OEM fuel filter cap but I just hand tighten it so I don't carry a wrench for it. In a pinch I could use by oil filter wrench if I have issues.

6. I don't carry extra wiper blades. I put a new set on every fall as the desert heat out here kills them every year so I just go with whats on the truck.

7. While I also carry a CPS, I actually keep 3 of them on the truck in case I run into someone who needs one.

Other than that I carry similar stuff as you.
02 F250 4X4 7.3, PC 6 lift, Centerline wheels, PC 37x12.50R-17's, Warn PP HD Winch, Jotto Console, Scanner, Icom HAM radio, 91 Gal. Aux fuel cell, Diamondback HD bed cover, Warn Hubs, dual steering stab, Step2 Bed steps, Warn FF, AIS, 4" t/b exhaust with Aero turbine muffler, backup buddy lights, Mag-Hytec diff cover & tranny pan, SGII, 6.0 T Cooler, ELF7405 with oil By-Pass, IH bellowed ups, Gen 2 FRx, HPx, CCV Mod, CAT ELC, ez down t-gate, Fumoto drain, Rev/Cargo LEDs, 4 pillar gauge with ISSPRO, DP Tuner