View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 03:27 PM
spinto
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLADE35
I Know your basically caught in a TRAP
Don't get me wrong This type **** Pisses me Off

I Do know it was a Very HARD DESISION TO GO BACK!!!!!! A Gamble to see if they will make it right all the way around. And yes I have seen a few shops step up and admit Fault and make it right

BUT this Shop sure didn't make it right
That's why I think they make a do not use list

The issue I see is it was a Warrantee on something that wasn't the problem if the warrantee is only for New Parts

Your problem was most likely the typical Hot No Start and on an 05+ the Standpipes and D-Plugs would be Suspect Generally NOT a HPOP and especially not a HPOP on a 05+ that's RARE Failure.
I pulled this from our Government website:

Warranty

Part VI of the Consumer Protection Act, 2002 provides a statutory warranty of 90 days or 5,000 km, whichever comes first, on all new and reconditioned parts and associated labour. But repairers are free to provide warranty coverage beyond that outlined by the legislation. As well, the act states suppliers, including repair shops, must guarantee that services provided are of a reasonably acceptable quality.

If your vehicle breaks down during the warranty period, or becomes unsafe to drive, take it back to the repair shop. If this isn’t reasonable or practical, you can have it repaired at the closest facility. By law, the original shop has to pay back the money you were charged for the repair, as well as any reasonable towing costs involved.

If the original repair shop refuses, you can take your vehicle to another shop and ask for a written assessment indicating that the original repairs were not carried out properly. You are then in a position to take the matter back to the original repair shop or to court, or you can file a complaint with the ministry.

The fact that the law exists....it made it easy for me to go back. I do, however, have to have the work checked out.

Btw....I had all of the updates done when i did the EGR delete, if they could get at them. And the rest of it done with the head gaskets.

The truck is an '05 but with an '04 motor. Btw....i bought the truck in 2008 with 25,000 miles on it. It now has 102,000 miles. Not alot!!

It's unfortunate that there are shops than plan their retirement on these motors!!

BLADE35....thanks for all your input btw. and to all on this site!! This site is a valuable tool!!