View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Ken03KBGTvert
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2009 "baby" F350

2009 F350 Lariat super cab short bed 3V V10, 80,000miles, originally got it to haul around the Mustang, now I'm married and inherited a little one that isn't so little anymore and all we haul around is the travel trailer. Needed a bigger back seat for long trips so I got a new crew cab. This truck has been flawless for me and by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. It towed my Mustang many places, our little boat to the lake too many times to count, and our 7000# travel trailer all over the eastern US (Milwaukee WI, Savannah GA, Destin FL, Memphis TN along with many shorter trips around Knoxville, TN). It's never skipped a beat, never needed a repair. Nothing. Just keeps pulling. I got it used with 17,000 miles on it. Since then it's had the oil changed by me regularly, the air filter cleaned every other oil change (K&N), and had gas put it. That's it. It has heated front seats, navigation, trailer brake controller, leather, backup camera. I guess that's it other than the normal stuff like power seats, cruise control, power windwos, etc...

I can get 14-15mpg on the interstate towing nothing 12ish around town. 10-11mpg pulling the boat or the Mustang, and 6-8 pulling the rv, depends on the hills and the wind with the travel trailer. I loved this truck. I'd keep it forever, but unfortunately I had to replace it for more room in the back seat. My truck is our travel vehicle with or without the rv. My wife's Mustang is too small for trips with all of us and the dog. I can only hope it's replacement it as good to me as this one has been.

The good - overall it's in excellent shape. The body is near perfect minus one small spot on the left fender. The interior is in great shape, leather shows really no wear. Everything works on the inside. Came with a spray in bedliner that has a few gouges in it from use but still in good shape. Tires were replaced at 50,000miles with oem tires. So these should have another 20,000 miles on them. I rotate them when changing the oil every 5,000 miles. Mechanically it is in perfect shape to the best of my knowledge. I have a Haynes manual for it also that will come with it. The bad - one of the tire pressure sensor monitors is bad so the "tire light" is lit on the dash. I've learned to ignore it for two years, I can check the air on the tires like I have all my life on all my vehicles. It can be replaced for not much but I never got around to it. The small imperfection on the driver side fender was caused by me whacking a column support in a parking garage with the driver side mirror. Bent the mirror forwards into the fender, backing out of parking spot. I had the dent pulled out but it's still not "perfect". Not really noticeable, but not perfect. The Mirror is also cracked. It still functions in all ways but it isn't "perfect" either now. And the mirror is around $900 retail from Ford, I got a quote from Trousley Ford for $650 a year ago but never bought it. It still works...

That's all I can think of. I added a soft bed cover, tinted the front windows to match the rest, and put the side steps on it, it didn't have any when I got it. I did KBB and NADA on it when buying my new truck but decide not to trade in, rather have the money to pay off my wife's Mustang. They showed acerage trade in value at $17,000-$18,000. I consider it better than average and this isn't a trade.... So, asking $19,000.

If you are interested and would like other pictures let me know, it's sitting in the garage now waiting for it's new owner to hopefully enjoy it as much as I have. Thanks Ken

Read more at: For Sale 2009 "baby" F350