Thread: Quiet Topic
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Post Fiend

kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox81 View Post
Guess I could've/should've made a thread about my CEL issue but honestly didn't think much about it. I bought my truck used with 12k on the clock and it was certified so it actually fell under the original factory warranty (trucks a 12). It never changed the performance of the truck and actually came on right after I got it. Took it in and they discovered it was an O2 sensor but didn't have one at the dealership. Code cleared but CEL came back on before I got home then went off the next day and stayed off for 6 months. Started coming back on a few weeks ago and back off after a couple days. I'm nearing 36k on the clock so I took it in an got it back the next day.

This truck has exceeded my expectations and it's one that I enjoy driving from a comfort and technology stand point. We all wish it got 18mpg avg but that's not gonna happen. Given the choice between driving my truck vs my wife's 2010 accord ex-l on vacation we generally take the truck!
When I read your post it took me back to when I bought a new 93 Ranger 4x4 4.0L.
I had a CEL come on within the first 500 miles. Then it would go out etc.
The dealer was a friend of mine. Took it in the shop messed with it & told me my why don't you run some Chevron gas through it every 5 tanks or so. Back then Techron was only available in their gas. Well I did & it seemed to solve the problem. I'm not saying it will fix your issue but it sure reminded me of my issue way back then. This is an issue with Fords for years on a few vehicles it seems. My 99 Crown Vic threw a CEL one morning. I didn't have my reader so I just cleared it dumped some Lucas injector cleaner in the tank I haven't seem a CEL since 4000 miles. I add Lucas every 3-5 tanks of gas pretty much on all my junk.