Here are the steps I use:
1. Collect WVO
2. Filter WVO to remove large chunks
3. Fill reactor w/ 37.5 gallons of oil (using 50 gallon water heater)
4. Heat to 125 and add glycerol from last batch
5. Circulate and let glycerol settle out.
6. next day - drain glycerol, recover methanol from it.
7. Test Titration Levels of WVO
8. Heat WVO to 125 F and turn off heat
9. Add Methoxide (5 gallon methanol + about a gallon recovered from prior batch) to Heated WVO slowly, about 20-30 minutes
10. Mix the mixture for about 2 hours(pump mix)
11. Let it sit
12. next day - Drain off Glycerin from the bottom of tank, save for treatment of next batch
13. Recover Methanol then dry wash with Magnesol. Let set a couple days.
14. Filter bio
15. use bio
I pretreat due to some of my oil is rather acidic. by pretreating I neutralize some of the acidity. If you have really good oil you can skip this step, might want to anyway... I just seem to get better bio this way...