Here are the steps I use:
1. Collect WVO
2. Filter WVO to remove large chunks
3. Fill reactor w/ 37.5 gallons of oil (using 50 gallon water heater)
4. Heat to 125 and add glycerol from last batch
5. Circulate and let glycerol settle out.
6. next day - drain glycerol, recover methanol from it.
7. Test Titration Levels of WVO
8. Heat WVO to 125 F and turn off heat
9. Add Methoxide (5 gallon methanol + about a gallon recovered from prior batch) to Heated WVO slowly, about 20-30 minutes
10. Mix the mixture for about 2 hours(pump mix)
11. Let it sit
12. next day - Drain off Glycerin from the bottom of tank, save for treatment of next batch
13. Recover Methanol then dry wash with Magnesol. Let set a couple days.
14. Filter bio
15. use bio
I pretreat due to some of my oil is rather acidic. by pretreating I neutralize some of the acidity. If you have really good oil you can skip this step, might want to anyway... I just seem to get better bio this way...
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.