Old 04-30-2014, 09:24 PM
Luke76
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swap the bushings

Once you get the lower bushing-half broken free, the rest is mostly easy. Do one side at a time (left or right). Remove the bolts completely from the side you are working on, and loosen them on the opposite side but leave them in so the cab doesn't slide off.

Jack up the cab at the corner you're working on, just enough to slide out the upper half of the bushing, and slide your new one in. Lower the cab back down. Bolt er' back up.

Now the one thing I noticed, is that when you start jacking one corner of your cab, a lot of squeaking and other ominous noises begins to ensue, and I could see the entire cab twisting slightly, and it gets worse the higher you jack.

The stock bushings you are removing have this metal insert that sticks down through the perches. You have to jack your cab up pretty high in order to clear this metal piece. I decided to cut it off with my Dremel tool so I wouldn't have to jack as much, and twist my cab as much. This takes more time but the result is you barely have to jack the cab at all to slip out the stock mount. The replacement mounts seemed even shorter than my old ones so they slipped right in.

Metal piece of the top-half of the bushing sticks down through the perch.

Grind that bad boy off.

Jack the cab - unless you have a massive jack, you will probably have to use some wood to reach the bottom of the cab.

Old mount slips out:

New mount slips in.