View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 06:29 AM
sammie0126
Postmaster
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JWC 3
ABS light on and no codes ? Do I read that correctly ? Sounds like a communication issue with your scan tool . Anyhow , If the light is off , and the ABS engages at low speed , that sounds like a sensor , tone ring , or wiring issue . Proper communication and Live data would be useful , A proper pin out and a lab scope would be better ! Best of luck !
You read that right,
ABS warning light on = drives normal.
ABS warning light off = pulsing pulling drivers side.

Originally Posted by Elliot Ness
I am a general mechanic with no X experience but I can fix anything. I would take the "Bundle Route"..

Disconnect Battery
Disconnect Sensors
Disconnect ECU/PCM

Get up in the morning and reconnect.

I know it sounds strange but it works for a 26 million dollar Apache, it can work for anything. Oh and I work on cars too.
Check - battery sensors been unplugged all night - should I pull the ECU fuse before I put it all back?

Originally Posted by ExxWhy
I believe you need an ABS scanner to read ABS codes, don't think they come up with a standard OBD reader.

Leaving things unplugged for a while sounds like a reasonable next step. I've seen it work on other vehicles too. If that doesn't work, a new sensor would be my next try. Any chance it got bumped or damaged somehow during the work?
Well I didn't drop it or anything but it's ways possible.

When the truck does this buzz/pedal pulse the truck pulls really hard to the left. Normal brake logic would mean I had a stuck something on passenger side causing the brake to fail at engaging. But I just don't "get" ABS and am not sure if my logic is sound. Gut tells me it's the drivers side causing the issue, it's the sensor I forgot to plug in, it sure sounds and feels drivers side, but if that sensor was faulty and the ABS was kicking in on the drivers side only; "when it shouldn't" wouldn't that reduce the braking power to the drivers side and cause it to pull to the right? In a normal circumstance if one of your front wheels senses an issue that engages ABS - do both automatically engage?

By the way, no ABS should be kicking it at all, I'm driving no more than 40mph, and on completely dry pavement, and stopping normally.