View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Harleyd79
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Harley Davidson F250 steering issue

I have a 2006 Harley Davidson F250 and back in January I had my truck towed into the Ford dealer as the truck had jelled up due to cold weather. While at the dealership they took it for a test drive and wrecked it into a tree. Damaged the drivers side front quarter panel, hood and rim. All had to be replaced along with the power steering pump and hydroboost line. When I got it back 30 days later, the steering had the same issue as below, but only happened once a day and then would self correct. Today driving into work it was turning to the right and then when I would pull it back it would over compensate and go to the left. I had to fight it all the way to work (16 miles) doing this back and forth - right to left. As I was pulling into work it seemed to self correct again. I have called the Ford dealer several times about my problem and they told me they would have to have a mechanic ride along with me to try and figure it out. That's great, but it doesn't happen all the time, so I didn't want to waste my time or theirs. The first time I took it back to them, they had not tightened any of the connections down to the power steering pump they replaced, but I don't know if this has any relevance since they have tightened everything down now and there are no leaks. Any suggestions would be appreciated and I was wondering how shadylemon1 resolved their issue.