View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 12:50 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
Click the image to open in full size.

Dual shocks are neat! They also really stiffen up the ride (I'm also running 4 of the cheapest Monroe shocks I could find...). My cornering stability is amazing. My X rode pretty nicely after the "F" Codes swap and upgrades to front leafs...but the Quad shocks tied it all together.

Did I mention it rides a bit rough? Like a truck almost...oh wait...
A lot of guys naysay the idea. I wonder how many realize that Ford offered this as an option on the F-150/Bronco from 92-96 for trucks with camper/trailer package? It really helps out at times

anyways, Quad shock setups like mine are stupid easy to install. remove shocks...remove OEM mount bolts...install new mount with OEM bolts...install 2 shocks per side. It takes about 30 minutes per side.

I used these guys. Quality product with nice welds.

edit: here is a pic from today. they aren't real visible...and I'm considering painting them black to "hide" them so to speak. I'm trying to avoid problems during my yearly Inspection. The less the X looks lifted...the more likely I will pass. It isn't real obvious that she is over 7' tall until you are right up on it. Sneaky so to speak