View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 05:34 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon D
Where did you get that info because I honestly think that's a myth that dealers are feeding people. I've got 44,000km on mine and I'm getting the exact same mileage now as when I drove it off the lot (Avg of 16.5 MPG). I got the PCM update done last week as per a recall letter from Ford and I just got 18.5 MPG today on a 800km trip. That's the best mileage I have seen out of it since I bought it.

To the OP, it depends on what you want it to do. The Eco has been good to me so far but don't expect anywhere close to mileage they advertise unless you're always driving downhill with a tailwind!! I really expected ALOT better #'s out of it given the 32MPG they advertise it to have. It pulled better than I thought it would but I would really like to compare it to the 5.0 in all departments. I've heard the mileage is just as good (if not better) and the 5.0 is a proven engine. The Eco is new so that scares me. I made sure to buy the 200,000km bumper to bumper warranty but I need my truck for work so I can't afford to be without it if something was to fail.
Here we go again. A 3.73 geared truck isn't going to achieve the MPG's that my 3.31 geared truck gets.

Ford was saying that the Ecoboost takes a bit longer to fully break in than a normal engine, I have no clue why. I watched my MPG's incrementally increase as the truck was increasing it's miles. She finally peaked out at around 9K miles. I just rolled 37K on mine and it's been great.