View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
FICMrepair.com Service and the Atlas 40

Here I am to report to the mighty FTE 6.0 forum Ed pulled thru on the warranty and sent out a replacement warranty FICM, this time loaded with the Atlas 40 FICM strategy.

Long story short I had a FICM exchange done December 2012 as my FICM would on occasion show around 44 volts after about 5-10 minutes after a cold start.

The upgraded "Ed'ified" FICM always had good voltage, although never held a steady voltage, constantly going from 46.5-48, mostly hovering around 47 volts. Then about November 2013 it would occasional drop to 46, then it started dropping to 45.

Uh Oh!

Some emails exchanged with Ed showed some concern, but I use my truck daily and shutting down for a week was never really an option. Last Saturday Ed pulled thru and sent out a warranty exchange that I greatly appreciated and I promptly installed on my lunch hour today.

15 minutes of work, a nice quick start and well let's just say a co-worker and I had some fun the rest of the lunch period tearing the pavement up with the Altas 40!

49 Volts!!!

I have had my doubts about the Atlas 40. Does it really live up to the hype? How could I let go of the infamous Post-Cycle "Buzz" Flash?

Well, the Atlas 40 does indeed deliver with better throttle response and quicker spool up. Even my co-worker noticed that on our short drive.

The temps are getting warmer so a true sub-zero cold start will likely have to wait, but the initial start at noon and the other later in the afternoon were very nice and smooth. Tomorrow morning should be high 20s, low 30s so we'll see. I'll give it the rest of the month for any MPG insight. April 1st Colorado switches back to Summer blend Diesel which will improve things too.

I am very pleased with the service Ed has provided, both the initial purchase, thru all the emails and phone calls and this latest go-around.

And for those on the fence about the Atlas 40, I am now a believer. I will say it was eery to shut the engine off and walk away and not hear the injector cycling.... I'm sure I'll get used to it!

Thanks Ed!

Josh