View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 10:04 AM
cdat81986
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah i think they have handled it well, the new car manager called me and said she would throw in an extended warrant that no additional cost, which I'm happy about. The service manager also called and asked us to bring the truck back to the dealer until the long block comes in. He said that the truck should have never been released to us due to liability. So we have a ecoboost xlt explorer. My wife loves it lol.

While I'm satisfied with how the dealer has handled the situation the reactions haven't been so good. A lot of people at work tell me I'm ABSOLUTELY CRAZY for even accepting the truck back with a new engine. Everyone says that they should "buy back" the vehicle and give me a new comparable truck at the same price.

One of my good friends dad's friend is a new car manager at a chevy dealership and he said that there's no way they would give the customer back a vehicle that has less than 300 miles and has had the engine replaced. He tells me that the truck should be resold with knowledge to any potential buyers of the engine replacement.

My wife is agreeing with everyone else saying I'm crazy for taking the truck back and it's caused quite a few arguments in the last week. I keep telling her that I can't MAKE them take it back , so I dunno what to do.

My wife is really pissed cause when we put the down payment at the dealer they withdrew it TWICE from her account and caused her card to bounce and bills that she had scheduled came out and her account over drafted all because of someone's mistake at the dealer.

My wife actually wrote ford and sent them a certified letter saying how pissed she was about the whole situation. In 6 days we actually had to make 5 trips to the dealer all for different reasons. And we live 50 miles from this dealer.

Hopefully everything works out for the best........ Stay tuned