View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Truckpilot1329
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! A blast from the past. I started this threat 2 years ago, and 6 months before
I took delivery of my new F-150. And it came with the dreaded Goodyear Wranglers.

I had two sets on my previous truck, a 95 Silverado, and they were unbelievably bad.
3 out of 4 went out of round, could not be balanced, wore terribly. I don't remember why I put a 2nd set on after 20K miles. I think it was a warrenty replacement. And that
set didn't do any better.

I have to somewhat eat my words now, as I answer my own question. I have 30,000 miles on them on my new truck, and really have no complaint this time. I get them rotated every 5000 mi and
they're running good and wearing well.

That said, I will replace them with them with Michelin LTX M/S when the time comes.
I had them on a 91 Bronco, and two sets on the Silverado. I feel there is no better truck tire for cruising on road, out there. Maybe some about as good, but not better for the way I drive, summer and
winter in snow country.

I was told back in the 80s, by a guy who worked as a tire maker, for a tire manufacturer in Memphis,
that Michelin had a secret process for distributing the rubber compound in the mold
that allowed their tires to be more true then any other on the market.

This agrees with what the guy that owns the tire store I deal with has said a number of times. He sells a lot of LTXs, and says they require a lower amount of balancing weight and
have fewer problems then anything else he sells.