View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Dave 64
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dana Part Numbers.

Hi All,

Has anyone else run into what seems to be an anomaly with Dana Part numbers?

I am referring to two seemingly identical components for the same Ford F100 4X4 disc brake front ends. I have one set here that have the following number(s) stamped on the steering arm, C37936 R (for R/H side) then 1457 UF.

The other set have the number 620169 R (for R/H side) then no further number BUT does have the small Dana diamond logo.

I have both on the bench in the garage, bolt holes, patterns, both SEEM to be identical in every aspect except these numbers.

I have written to another member in the States who knows a bit about these, but I am beginning to think that we are possibly a few years behind when it comes to pinning down exact years of manufacture. I have struck the same thing on other parts of this forum trying to identify specific year models. not meant to be a crticism, just makes it a pain in the butt sometimes. What was SUPPOSED to be an Oz assembled 72-75 F100 4X4, now seems to be the later 1976-1980 version. And no, I only have the front end removed from the vehicle for another project, so unless casting/part numbers mean anything, I am at the moment, stymied. Yet going by the exploded views of schematics on this site, at first glance doesn't seem to compute! Workshop manuals for this period and vehicle 1976-1980 Ford F100 4X4 disc brake open knuckle seems to be a bit hard to locate, have tried several libraries, hunted in swap meets, badgered my usual contacts, so far no luck. Was hoping someone who reads these columns will point me in the right direction. Chap in the States ,Rich, has been most helpful so far.

Thanks for any help, Dave 64