View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 09:23 AM
Posting Guru

Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txnightster View Post
That's a good idea to hide the air tank in the quarter panel. However, my truck has a flatbed and I have underbody tool boxes so I'm running out of room to hide the air tank.

I'm completely restoring this truck so the wiring has to go. The previous owner cut, rewired, used household wire, etc. to make repairs. That has caused lots of electrical gremlins that make the truck unreliable and frustrating. Rewiring to a single large tank in the rear just makes sense for this application.
Out of curiosity, is your truck a cab and chassis, or a pickup that's had a flatbed installed? Reason I ask, is that the frame rails on a cab and chassis truck are spaced differently than a pickup. Cab and chassis are narrower.

38 gallon fuel tank install:http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...l#post13107271