View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 10:36 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cstanley44
I have no regrets with my 08.
If you can find one, get the EL. Its longer, and has room behind the 3rd row when in the up position.

I have an Explorer with the 3rd row too, and when I take 7 people, I have no room for their 'stuff'

With the EL, I take 7 or 8 and still have room for luggage and strollers out back.

As for paint, I had one small spot on the lip of the hood. It was painted under an insurance job when the arm of a parking garage came down on the hood.

I do have some rust starting on the roof in the rain channels right above the windshield. Ive seen others mention this, Id be curious if you all go check to see. Passenger side is worse than the drivers on mine. I need to get that repaired asap.

Interior is great. Only complaints are
- rear AC comes out of the roof vents, heat comes out of floor vents. No option to change that.
- memory mirrors have a mind of their own sometimes

Transmissions are known to have some issues. Nothing major for me but just be aware.
How bad is the rust on your roof rails? Can you post a pic?

I had some small spots of rust coming through on the rails and had it fixed under warranty, what a nightmare. They had to paint the entire roof and rear quarter panels, twice, as the body shops employees left dents from kneeling on the roof as they prepped it.