View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Posting Guru

robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
If you have power/heated mirrors now, then you have the wiring for the heat and power mirror motors...you just need to add in the running light and turn signal leads. For your new mirrors, they should make an adapter that changes the round plugs to the rectangular ones...

Click the image to open in full size.

(this is the adapter for the "old style" power+heat mirrors, but it should be similar wiring for both mirrors)

Mine had the tow mirrors, but only power/heat - no running lights or signals.

All I had to do was to splice in to the extra wires on the mirror harness and run leads to the turn signal and running lights (I used one of those 'line taps'). All you need to do is to find the pins that are not part of your harness and then hit them with 12v to figure out which one is the signal lead and which one is the marker light (running light) lead.

Replacement for the old style tow mirrors was dirt simple...disconnect, unbolt, bolt the new ones on, tap the wiring, connect and run the leads.

For the new style, I can't imagine it would be much different.

2000 Excursion Limited V10 4x4
F650 dash, Carlin Switches, extended rear lift gate struts, V code/Modded B code springs, AirLift Load Leveler 5000 air bags (rear) w/WirelessOne controller, UltraGauge
Kenwood Excelon, Phoenix Gold Ryval/2 10s, ETD Light Bar, Whelen Vertex rear HAW, Yaesu FT 7800, 2300/4600w inverter