View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 08:24 AM
DIYiT
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the past 2 years, I've gotten my wife a Chrysler 200 with halogen projector headlights, and now my '13 FX4 with projector HIDs, and I will probably never again buy a car without projectors of some sort. The light distribution is so much better than normal reflector headlights in both clear and acclimate weather. I haven't driven through what I would call a real blizzard yet with my truck, but following behind a semi kicking up fresh powder on the road, I would say that my FX4 does better than my '03 Focus, a few random mid '90s chevy cars I've driven, and my '95 F250 have ever done in the snow.

It's only a small gripe (mainly, I just have to get used to it), but while the cutoff is great in the snow and fog since it doesn't throw as much light into the snow/fog directly in front of your windshield, I constantly find myself wishing the headlights spread just a bit higher. On overcast nights, or nights with no moon, it feels EXTREMELY dark because there is NO light above the cutoff line; I'm still used to my '95 with HIDs in the reflector headlights that bleed quite a bit of light in all directions.