View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf View Post
i know it has been answered, but I'm not understanding, if i were to put a wvo 2 tank system in a 94 7.3 power stroke, and had the wvo filtered and heated, why can i not use the stock mechanical pump? is the oil too hot for the diaphragm? i do like the redundancy idea with a separate pump for the vo, but how do i keep the mechanical pump from deadheading? or are you bypassing it completely, and putting in an electric aftermarket one? maybe if someone could do a quick sketch i could get it.
The stock pump will move WVO just fine, but using it makes a MUCH more complicated conversion than is necessary. We prefer to delete the stock pump and filter because it cleans up the engine by removing a bunch of hard to get to parts that can be problematic (fuel leaks). Using (2) electric pumps and simple one-way valves makes a very simple and durable conversion with the added bonus of redundancy. Many of us have been able to drive home on 'the other fuel' after having an issue with one of the fuel systems!

Here's the last OBS truck I did a conversion on:

wyomingowen's Vegistroke install