Thread: February thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You're lucky - I've been getting project priorities overrun lately by the exigencies of the winter ice storm we are going through.

I have about a metric tonne or so of maple tree to cut up (once the ice melts off it) in my front yard - that narrowly missed cleaning off my front porch, and about another ton of Pecan tree out in the back that crashed to the ground without my noticing. The forecast is for more "ARCTIC" conditions *The news services choice of phrase, not mine... over the next few days, and yet more precipitation in unpredictable forms.

Possibly snow, maybe freezing rain that will add to the tons of overburden already weighing down the trees hereabouts, or any of a many I can think of but choose not to - what happens will.

I'm glad I cut back as many trees and such around my place as I did earlier last year. The maple falling I didn't expect, since it is a hardwood tree more habituated to much more northern climates.

But think of all of the excellent firewood it will yield! Besides burning long, with little smoke, and harvested at a time of rear when the sap is DOWN - it imparts such a wonderful flavor when used for smoking

Not that it doesn't STILL SUCK!